💬 Frequently Asked Questions
While you don't need a handheld microphone for Karaoke Nite, it certainly makes the experience better!
Here are some microphones that we recommend:
P.S. We are working on a new and innovative way to sing without using a professional microphone (*cough QR code and mobile), keep on the look out for a feature update!
You can do this in three simple steps:
- Charge the microphone unit or make sure there's battery.
- Plug the other end of the cable into computer USB port or AUX port.
- Go to audio settings on your computer and set as input device.
Due to Covid-19, we discourage all users from sharing microphones with friends & hope everyone adopt a good microphone hygiene routine!
- Click on "Spearkers" in the taskbar.
- Click on "Sound" and make sure your microphone is set as the default.
- Click on "Recording".
- Check the "Listen to this device" box.
- Open QuickTime Player.
- Click "File" ➡ "New Audio Recording".
- Move the volume bar higher and higher until you can hear yourself.
v2.2 is currently in production! Scoped to launch in Winter 2022.
Release Build v2.1
- 🔎 New search bar.
- 👋 New onboarding modal.
- 💕 New heart button (experiment).
- 🔊 New volume slider.
- 👩🏻🎨 New favicon.
Release Build v2.0
- 📹 Video cams to see your friends' faces.
- 🎵 New songs to choose from.
- 📱 Mobile-friendly home page.
- 🍿 Welcome video for onboarding.
- 🐛 Bug fixes and more.
Release Build v1.3
- 🆕 Added a /faq page.
- 🏗 Updated /about page.
- 🏗 Cleaned up the codebase in preparation of v2.
- 💸 Created the pre-seed pitch deck.
Release Build v1.2
- 🆕 Added demo video.
- 🆕 Added release notes.
- 🆕 Added blog posts.
- 🏗 Removed Patreon links.
- 🐛 Fixed the "Let's Get It On" autoplay bug.
Release Build v1.1
- 🆕 Added floating animation to the stars on the landing page.
- 🆕 Added hover effects to anchor links.
- 🆕 Added a /blog page.
- 🐛 Fixed social channel links bug in the footer.
Let us know if you have other questions here.